- Giovanna Agrosí - Università di Bari
- Maria Cristina Caggiani - Università di Catania
- Gioacchino Tempesta - Università di Bari
Mineralogical, geochemical, and petrographic studies on gemmological and ornamental materials are assuming an increasing importance in the field of Earth Science and represent an important link with gemmology and cultural heritage. This session represents an opportunity for a discussion and an update on the following topics:
- growth conditions and origin of gem-quality minerals
- mineralogical characterization on natural gems and their synthetic homologous
- innovative methods of investigation and any items that may be of interest also for trade and traceability of gem-quality minerals in today's marketplace.
Gemmology, Ornamental materials, Mineralogy, Petrography, Cultural Heritage